If your CSV files aren’t being downloaded properly and are displaying all the information scrambled together or lots of special symbols (or both!) then chances are your spreadsheet program has been installed in a regional language other than English. To fix this, follow this quick step by step (this involves changing your regional language settings):
- Click Start and go to Control Panel.
- Go into ‘Regional and Language Options’.
- Click ‘Additional Settings’.
- For ‘Decimal Symbol’ enter a dot (.) and for ‘List Separator’ enter a comma (,).
- Click Apply, close and restart excel.