To send an invoice to a customer first go to Sales > Select the invoice that you would like to e-mail. You can then use the Print Invoice or Email Invoice button to send the customer the invoice.
To print the invoice and send your customer a paper copy go to Sales > Select the invoice to send > Click Print Invoice. Your invoice is then previewed. To print this, put your mouse over the preview, you’ll then see a row of icons appear in the bottom right – click the printer icon to print the document. You’ve also got several buttons at the top:
- C5 & DL Envelope – Click these to print off an envelope with the customers address. The address details are populated from the Customer Profile.
- Send by Email – Click this to e-mail the invoice direct to the customer.
To email the invoice go to Sales > Select the invoice that you would email > Click the Email Invoice button.
- Email Address – This should be the customers e-mail address; the e-mail address in the customers profile is automatically filled in here but can be replaced by typing in the box.
- Email more than one person – To email more than one person simply press the text 'add address' then type the additional email address. If this should be a BCC then you should enter the email address next to 'BCC' on the form.
- Template Name – Use the dropdown to select a pre-defined e-mail template.
- HTML / Text – Use this to select if to send the e-mail by plain text or in HTML format. HTML allows you to send emails in rich text format (with bold and italic text for example).
- Subject – This is the subject of the e-mail that your customer will see.
- Message – This is the body of the e-mail message that your customer will receive.
The invoice is displayed as an attachment, to preview it just click it. To add another additional attachments click the Choose File button to select the file from your computer. When you’re ready, click the Send Email link. The invoice will be sent instantly to your customer.
Although it’s very easy to send customers invoices using Tally some customers may insist on receiving a hard copy in the post. For this reason we've partnered with ViaPost who will print and send the invoices on your behalf. To set up ViaPost go to Settings > ViaPost and create an account and purchase credit. After this, in Tally enter in your ViaPost username and password and you’ll be instantly set up. To send an invoice using ViaPost, go to Sales > Select the invoice that you would like to send > Click the Send ViaPost. The customer will then receive a printed copy of the invoice in the post.
E-Mailing Multiple Invoices
To email multiple invoices at once just click Sales and then use the tick boxes down the right hand side of the invoices list to select which invoices you would like to email. When you’ve finished making your selection, use the Select an Action dropdown to select Email Invoice(s) followed by the Go button. You’ll then see a summery screen of the invoices that will be sent. To confirm and send the invoices, click the Send Email button.
Printing Multiple Invoices
To print multiple invoices at once just click Sales and then use the tick boxes down the right hand side of the invoices list to select which invoices you would like to email. When you’ve finished making your selecting, use the Select an Action dropdown to select Print Invoice(s) followed by the Go button. Another window will then appear with all selected invoices previewed. Simply put your mouse over the preview and use the Printer Icon that appears in the bottom right to print the invoices instantly.