In order to record the fuel charges, you can create a general Supplier called – Fuel. You can do that by going to Suppliers > Add a New Supplier. This will save you time to enter in details of each and every petrol station you go to. Then you can follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Click 'Purchases' from the top menu bar.
- 'New Receipt' .
- As the supplier, just select the Supplier - Fuel.
- Change the receipt and payment date to the date that you went to the station.
- Change the 'Outgoing Type' to 'Travel' (by default we've already got this set up in Tally under code 7400).
- Enter in the Net Rate.
- Tick the 'Paid' box, select how you paid and add a little note if you wanted.
- Hit the 'Create receipt' button.
You can enter all the receipts to the same purchase receipt as line items or you can add them as separate purchase receipts.