This guidance explains what each of the quote settings do, access these by going to Settings > Quote Settings.
- Name - changes how quotes are referred to in Tally. This will also change the Quotes label in the main menu bar.
- Heading - changes the heading that appears on the document.
- Replace ‘Due Date’ – By default a bit of text appears on your document that says valid for 30 days. Use the two texts boxes here to change or remove these lines.
- Additional Text – This text will appear at the bottom of your quote documents.
- Deleting – Tick this box to have the ‘delete quote once the invoice has been created’ box ticked by default when converting a quote to an invoice. You can still untick this at the point of conversion.
- Quote Ref - change the quote reference field that appears on the document.
- Change Quote Category – If you keep your quotes after you have converted you can set Tally to change the quote category to default. Use the drop down to select a quote category.
- Copy Quote Ref to Invoice – Use the options here to decide if the text entered in the quote reference field should be copied over to quotes converted to invoices.
- Include totals in list – To remove totals from your quotes tick this box.
- Remove totals from PDF – tick this box to remove the totals from the PDF only. This is useful if you want to issue the quote without totals, but when converted show them.
- Prev/Next Buttons – use this button to decide the previous/next button function on the quotes. You can choose to decide if you want them to go to the previous/next invoice created, or the previous/net invoice for the customer.
When you’re ready, click Update.