Project Settings allow you to determine how Projects in Tally should work. This guidance elaborates on each setting and its function. Access these settings by going to Settings > Projects.
Within this page, use the options to:
- Enabled - Ticking this switches on projects.
- Name - Use this field to rename projects to something more relevant if required, this should be the singular form as it will be automatically pluralized - i.e. "Department" not "Departments".
- Date Field 1 - Use this to define how a Start Date should be displayed - i.e. "Job Commencing".
- Date Field 2 - Use this to define how an End Date should be displayed - i.e. "Job Ending Target".
- Customer Field - Tick this to enable the option to assign specific customers to a project, you can then go to Customers > Select a customer > Options > Select Project.
- Work In Progress - Ticking this allows you to use Work In Progress calculations on your projects.
- Sort Order - By default your projects are sorted by project number, however to make it easier you can sort your project list by name of creation date.
- Journals - Tick this to allow journals to be assigned to projects. When creating or editing a journal entry simply use the project drop down to assign it to a project.
- Bank - Tick this box to allow bank transactions to be directly assigned to Projects. Assign them when creating or editing a bank transaction using the Project drop down.
- Set at line Level - By default you assign entire invoices and purchases to a project. Instead, you can choose to set individual line items to a project by ticking this box.
- Show on Invoices - Tick this box to show the project name on the invoice.
When you've made your changes, click Save Settings.