This guidance provides information on how to view, print and send a payment receipt/remittance advice for a customer.
Printing customer payment receipts/remittance advice
To print the customer payment receipt/remittance advice, go to Sales > Select the invoice that you would like to print the remittance advice for. Under the payment details section you’ll see the payment line, click the printer icon to be taken to remittance preview. Your remittance PDF is previewed. To print this put your mouse over the preview, you’ll then see a row of icons appear in the bottom right – click the printer icon to print the document. You’ve also got several buttons at the top:
- C5 & DL Envelope – Click these to print off an envelope with the customers address. The address details are populated from the Customer Profile.
- Send by Email – Click this to e-mail the remittance advice direct to the customer.
Emailing a customer payment receipt/remittance advice
To print customer a payment receipts/remittance advice, go to Sales > Select the invoice that you would like to e-mail the remittance advice for. Under the payment details section you’ll see the payment line, click the yellow envelope to be taken to remittance e-mail screen.
- Email Address – This should be the customers e-mail address, the e-mail address in the customers profile is automatically filled in here but can be replaced by typing in the box.
- Email more than one person – To email more than one person simply enter in the e-mail addresses separated with a semi-colon and space. For example firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
- Subject – This is the subject of the e-mail that your customer will see.
- Message – This is the body of the e-mail message that your customer will receive.
- Additional Attachments – Click here to add additional attachments to the e-mail.
When you’re ready, click the Send Email link. The remittance advice will be sent in PDF format to the customer.