The Nominal Ledger report generates a complete list of all transactions against a nominal code over a set date range. Access this report by going to Tools & Reports > General Reports > Nominal Ledger. Please note that the Nominal Ledger does not include bank accounts, instead you should access this information by going to Bank > View/Add Transactions > Use the to and from dates.
Running the Report
Run this report by first going to Tools & Reports > General Reports > Nominal Ledger. Use the options on this page to:
- From/To - Set the date range for this report.
- Include opening balance - Tick this box to include the opening balance for each nominal code.
- Filter based on project - If you've got projects enabled you can filter the Nominal Ledger to only include transactions assigned to a specific project.
- Codes - Use the tick boxes to decide which nominal codes to produce a ledger for.
When ready, click Next. The next screen will list your nominal codes and all the transactions within them over the date range you specified. The report will detail the following:
- The Nominal Code.
- Transaction Date.
- Reference (Invoice Number, Receipt Number, Customer, Supplier).
- Narrative (Note).
- Amount Debited/Credited.
- Closing Balance.
Use the buttons at the top right of the page to Rerun the report, download it to CSV or print.