To import your purchases to Tally just copy across your data to our spreadsheet making sure that you meet all the requirements listed below. Something to note is that the customer must already be set up in Tally.
The suppliers’ import requires four critical fields:
- Supplier Code – this is the suppliers unique identification code, the customer must already be in Tally – i.e. “CUST0001”.
- Receipt Number – this is the receipt number that the line item will be applied to – it must be numbers only – i.e. “123”.
- Receipt Date – this is the date the receipt was issued – it must be in DD/MM/YYYY format – i.e. “01/01/2012”.
- Due Date – this is the date the receipt was/is due by– it must be in DD/MM/YYYY format – i.e. “01/02/2012”.
The other optional fields you can have are listed below:
- Supplier Reference – i.e. “ABC12345”.
- Line Quantity – the quantity of line items – this must be a whole number – i.e. “5”.
- Line Description – the description of your purchased line item – i.e. “Laptop”.
- Line Charge Type/Outgoing Type – this is the outgoing type of your line item, these can be found in your Chart of Accounts – i.e. “Computers”.
- Line Rate – this is the price of a single line item and must be a number with a maximum of two decimal places and not include the currency symbol – i.e. “5.50”.
- Line VAT Amount – this is the amount of VAT that was charged on the line item – it should not include the currency symbol and be to a maximum of two decimal places – i.e. “0.50”.
- Line VAT Rate – the rate of VAT in percent that was applied to this line item – this should be to a maximum of one decimal places and not include the percentage symbol – i.e. “17.5”.
- N/A VAT - to set your VAT rate as N/A you need to enter negative 2 - i.e. "-2".
- Project Number – if you have projects set up you can attach this line item to the project by entering in the number here, this must already be set up in Projects in Tally – i.e. “1”.
- Currency Code – this is the standardised code for the line item currency, if you are using a foreign currency it must already be set up in Tally – i.e. “USD”.
- Exchange Rate – if you billed your line item in a foreign currency you can specify an exchange rate here, this must be a number to a maximum of four decimal places – i.e. “1.1234”.
Please note you do not need to enter in both a Project ID and a Project Number – any one will work. The same applies to VAT amount and VAT rate, entering the rate will calculate the amount and visa versa.
Uploading the template
To import, click Settings > Import Data > Import CSV Files > Enter in your Username & Password > Select CSV > Select Receipts > Upload your file > Use the drop downs to map the file.