A direct debit mandate request is something you send to your customers for them to authorise you to collect a set maximum amount from their bank account on request. This will be an e-mail with a link that contains a form the customer can fill in to enter their bank details in.
- In Tally click Customers > Select the customer > Other Info > Click the link that says Set up a Direct Debit mandate.
- Enter in the maximum amount that you want to be able to debit from the customer. You can also enter in a title and description for the mandate that you can send the customer, i.e. Direct Debit Mandate Authorization – We would like to set up a direct debit mandate for you.
- Click the Send E-Mail button and your customer will receive an email containing a link to setup the direct debit mandate.
- From here they simply enter in their bank details. You will receive an e-mail from GoCardless when this is complete.
- You’re done! You can now debit the customer’s account on demand! When the customers sets up the mandate, the other info tab will show that a mandate is set up and will show the maximum amount.