Your currency options can be accessed by going to Settings > Currencies. To add a new one, click the Add another currency link. You’re then taken to the currency details screen. Use the following options to complete the set up of your currency:
- Code – Using the drop down select the international code for the currency you are adding.
- Automatically update rate – to have Tally automatically update the exchange rate daily based on the published figure on XE.com, tick this box.
- Currency Name – By default the currency name is based on the rate you’ve previously selected from the code drop down. You can change this name by typing in the text box.
- Symbol – This is the symbol that will proceed/precede the amount on your invoices or purchase receipts. This is automatically populated based on the code that was previously selected.
- Position on the right – Ticking this option will position the symbol to the right of the amount, unticking this will have the symbol positioned on the left.
- Current exchange rate – If you’re planning on raising an invoice or purchase receipt and applying payments straight away then you should type in the current exchange rate for this currency.
When you’re ready, click the Add button.